Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sentimental Sunday - The Old High Chair

I never really thought I'd be writing about a high chair.  However, we have a very special one in my family.

 

This is the high chair that my paternal grandparents gave to my parents when they had their first child, my brother Randy in 1957.  My two brothers, my sister and I all used the high chair.  In fact, I found a picture of my brother on his first birthday and one of me, asleep as I wait for my supper.

                           Randy


 
                       Kathy

My parents hung on to the high chair and as soon as their grand children began arriving, they pulled it out again.  I couldn't find a picture of my daughter in the chair but here is my son along with dad and sister.




Eleven grandchildren and one great-grandchildren have used this high chair so far.  Here's to the old high chair and many more cute little family members to come!  Thanks Gram and Gramps.

 

5 comments:

  1. This is exactly why I found it so hard to part with some of my girls' baby furniture. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my momma and genie heart strings! Sentimental, yep, great story, and LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo of you asleep! How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What memories and what great condition it is in now. Love the red color. Kathy, what can I say, you are so lucky to have these things. Love the photo of you sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This looks exactly like my old high chair and my mother still has it and used it with my kids! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed at the great condition of your little high chair, especially after so much use. I love the red and chrome. It's so fun that you still have it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete