Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sentimental Sunday - Cousins, Cousins, Cousins!

Growing up I enjoyed many wonderful times with my cousins.  There were 9 of us when we gathered with my mother's side of the family.  My mom's two sisters lived in Maine and were only a few miles apart.  We lived in Rhode Island but we went "home" to Maine for a weekend almost every month for many years.  I'm not sure what the grownups did but us kids always had a great time!

 Back: MaryLou, Jackie, Janice, Sally, Kathy
Front: David, Ross, Harry, Randy
About 1966

As you can see from the picture, we girls were all about the same age.  We played house, we played school, we played hair dresser.  We sledded, we drew, we swam, we danced. We ran, we jumped, we... well you get the idea!

There is something about cousins that let you be just who you are and I was blessed to be able to spend a lot of quality time with my cousins.  We are all older now, with families of our own.  We don't see each other much, but this picture can bring it all back for me.

I hope you have a picture or two like this in your memory bank to help you remember who you are and where you came from just like it does for me.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, you look the same, I spotted you right away. You were so lucky to have all these cousins. Any of them share in your joy of genealogy? Some of mine live in different states and we've never met. I'll borrow yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, maybe I should have said, you are lucky...

    ReplyDelete