Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun (a bit late)

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun has been presented over at Randy's Genea-Musings.  This week he asks:

1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!

Although it is now Sunday afternoon, I thought I would list mine ...

Me
Mom
Beatrice Natalie Hall  (June 17, 1906 - June 9, 1976)
Leilia Elva Dow (January 11, 1881 - April 24, 1912)
Emily Judson Maxell (May 20, 1853 - September 11, 1916)
Elizabeth (Betsey) Jane Colson (June 20, 1819 - October 16, 1907)
Anna Moffat (abt 1777 Ireland - August 10, 1849)

Doing this made me see that I have very few details and sources for my grandmothers, especially after Leilia.  I will need to work on this!

I have never had a mitochondrial DNA test (or any DNA test) done.  I haven't followed the DNA testing work - not sure what one can really find out.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I have seen this I think its time to post (and source) my list as well - which I haven't done either! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete