Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - Henry & Esther Hall



Henry P. Hall
b. 2 Feb 1850 Orneville, Piscataquis, Maine
d. Jul 1926 Bradford, Penobscot, Maine

Esther P. (Gowen) Hall
b.  15 Jan 1848 Bradford, Penobscot, Maine
d.  6 Aug 1924 Bradford, Penobscot, Maine

Henry and Esther are my great-great grandparents.  They married on 27 Sep 1874 in Bradford, Maine.  Henry was a farmer.  I am descended through their son Allen S. Hall and his 2nd wife Leilia Dow.  When Leilia died during childbirth, Henry and Esther took care of my grandmother Beatrice until Allen was more able to care for her.

I need to find out Henry's exact death date, all I know is that it was in July of 1926.  Then I need to get it engraved on his stone!  Henry and Esther are buried in William's Cemetery in Bradford, Maine.

1 comment:

  1. I was just in Bradford, Maine! My cousins run the local lumber yard, and her mother-in-law is the town librarian. Did you ever consult the library there for genealogy information? She runs a cute little historical society museum in the library basement!

    ReplyDelete