Thursday, July 22, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - A Blog Book

Just yesterday I received a book with most of my blog postings for the first six months of this blog.  I made it using the software from blurb.com and the "download from your blog" option.  Basically, the blurb software downloads all the posts from your blog and loads them into some default book page templates.  You can then edit to your hearts content - adding and removing pages, pictures and text.

After a few days of editing, I used my 20% off coupon (always got to have a coupon!) and sent the book off for publishing.  A little over a week later my book arrived.  It is a 7" x 7" format, softcover with premium paper.  All 108 pages for only $18.36 plus $6.99 shipping.  I couldn't be happier! 








Go to www.blurb.com for more information, ideas and pricing.  Kathy

FYI,  I have no affiliation with blurb.com

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, how very nice! And the price is excellent! I may have to look into this myself, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just love it? I'm becoming a Blurb book junkie! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, what a nice job. That is a lot of pages, but I know you have a large family, and many cousins!! One quest., can you edit out comments from others? Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments all! You don't have to include any comments and can pick the posts you want to include. Go to www.blurb.com and download the software and give it a try. You don't have to buy to try! PS The 20% off coupon is listed on their home page, good till the end of July. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My niece mentioned this to me a few months ago and showed me two books she'd had made for her parents. They were hardcover and I wasn't so impressed with the binding, but your book in softcover looks wonderful! I like how the photos show up. It's a great price, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book looks great! Isn't it fun to see yourself "in print!" Hopefully you will find lots of other uses for Blurb, like gift genealogy books, vacation books, etc. I'm already planning a big photo book of my trip to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy - I have wanted to do this for sometime! it's a fantastic idea and seeing your book makes me want one even more! What a great gift idea for my non-computerized or internet using relatives (yes, I have a few :-). Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, as a new genealogy blogger, I am thrilled to hear about this! This will make a fantastic keepsake for my mom, who won't be able to follow my blog unless one of us has their laptop with them on a visit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of your book. I only wish I could get it to work with my blog. They claim in works with Wordpress.com blogs, but I get an error message when it tries to "slurp" my blog and says it can't connect. Tech support wants my blog password to investigate, but I haven't given it. I know you use Blogger - do you know anyone who has had success with Blurb and Wordpress.com?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, can you tell me what kind of binding your softcover book has? Is it glued or sewn? If you press the book open all the way, would it crack the spine? I'm thinking about turning some posts into book form but I was just wondering about the binding. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete